|First name(s) / Surname(s)||Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen|
|Address(es)||University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam National University Hanoi (VNU UET).408, E3, 144 Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam|
|Telephone(s)||+84 908 201 880|
- January 2009 – March 2012: PhD in Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Ferrara, Italy
- December 2002 – March 2005: Master of Science in Information Technology, Vietnam National University, Hanoi
- September 1997 – June 2001: Bachelor of Information Technology, Vietnam National University, Hanoi
- July 2001 – May 2007; April 2008 – December 2008; April 2012 – present: Lecturer, University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam National University Hanoi, E3,144 XuanThuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam
- January 2009 – December 2011: Developer/ Researcher, Meteorological and Environmental Earth Observation (MEEO) s.r.l, Via Saragat 9, I-44122 Ferrara, Italy.
- December 2009, November 2010: Intern, SISTEMA GmbH, Währingerstraße 61, A-1090, Vienna, Austria
- June 2007 – March 2008: Intern, NTT Cyber Solutions Laboratories, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation,1-1 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka shi, Kanagawa, 239-0847, Japan.
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Human Computer Interaction
- Digital Image Processing
- Atmospheric Data Measurement and Modeling,
- Remote Sensing,
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning,
- Human Computer Interaction.
- Thanh T N Nguyen, Hung Q Bui, Ha V Pham, Hung V Luu, Chuc D Man, Hai N Pham, Ha T Le, Thuy T Nguyen, Particulate matter concentration mapping from MODIS satellite data: a Vietnamese case study, Environmental Research Letters, 2015, 10, 9, 095016 (ISI)
- Khac Phong Do, Ba Tung Nguyen, Xuan Thanh Nguyen, Quang Hung Bui, Nguyen Le Tran, Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen, Van Quynh Vuong, Thanh Ha Le, Spatial interpolation and assimilation methods for satellite and ground meteorological data in Vietnam, to appear in Journal of Information Processing Systems, 2015 (SCOPUS)
- Xuan Thanh Nguyen, Ba Tung Nguyen, Khac Phong Do, Quang Hung Bui, Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen, Van Quynh Vuong and Thanh Ha Le, Spatial Interpolation of Meteorologic Variables in Vietnam using the Kriging Method, Journal of Information Processing Systems, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 134~147, 2015 (SCOPUS)
- T. H. Le, T. T.N. Nguyen, K. Lasko, S. Ilavajhala, K. P. Vadrevu and C. Justice, “Vegetation fires and air pollution in Vietnam”, Environmental Pollution, 2014. (ISI)
- K. Le, S. T. Nguyen, T. N. T. Nguyen, and T. H. Le, ” Burned Area Detection After Wildfire Using Landsat 7 ETM+ SLC-off Images”, IEEK Transactions on Smart Processing & Computing, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 117-129, Jun. 2013. (SCOPUS)
- N. T. Nguyen and T. D. Bui, “A New Framework for Automated Gesture Segmentation in Vietnamese Sign Language”, VNU Journal of Science, Natural Sciences and Technology, vol. 24, no. 3S, pp.82-89, 2008.
- Hung Luu, Chuc Man, Ke Luong, Thanh Nguyen, Hung Bui. “Air pollution mapping from high spatial resolution satellite images: a case study in Hanoi”. The 2nd International Conference on Remote Sensing Applications in Tropical and Subtropical Areas (RSATSA) (Accepted)
- Man Duc Chuc, Kazuki Hao, Bui Quang Hung, Nguyen Thi Nhat Thanh, Yosuke Yamashiki, Dimiter Ialnazov, Comparison of several widely-used classifiers for land-cover using Landsat-8 images in Red Delta River: a case study in Tien Hai district, Thai Binh province, Vietnam. The 2nd International Conference on Remote Sensing Applications in Tropical and Subtropical Areas (RSATSA) (Accepted)
- Duc Chuc Man, Viet Hung Luu, Van Thang Hoang, Quang Hung Bui, and Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen, 2014. Cloud Detection Algorithm for LandSat 8 Image using Multispectral Rules and Spatial Variability. Knowledge and Systems Engineering, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 326, pp. 247 – 259.
- Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen, Viet Cuong Ta, Thanh Ha Le, Simone Mantovani, 2013. Particulate Matter concentration Estimation from satellite aerosol and meteorological parameters, data-driven approaches, In: Proc. of The fifth international conference on knowledge and system engineering (KSE 2013), pp. 351-362.
- N. T. Nguyen, T. N. T. Nguyen, T. H. Le, 2013. Text Recognition Method for Trademark Images. In: Proc. of ICEIC 2013, pp. 201-203.
- Minh Duc Nguyen, The Duy Bui, Thi Hong Nhan Vu and Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen (2012), Real-time Action Recognition based on Infinite Impulse Response filter and Local Binary Pattern. In: Proc. of IWEC 2012
- Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen, Simone Mantovani, Piero Campalani, and Gian Piero Limone, 2012, Downscaling Aerosol Optical Thickness to 1 km2 Spatial Resolution Using Support Vector Regression Replied on Domain Knowledge. In: Proc. of the 1st International Conference on Pattern Recognition Applications and Methods (ICPRAM 2012), pp. 230-239.
- Piero Campalani, Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen, Simone Mantovani, and Gianluca Mazzini, 2011. On the Automatic Prediction of PM10 with In-situ Measurements, Satellite AOT Retrievals and Ancillary Data. In: Proc. of The11th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT 2011), pp. 93-98.
- Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen, Simone Mantovani, Piero Campalani, 2011. Validation of Support Vector Regression in deriving aerosol optical thickness maps at 1 km2 spatial resolution from satellite observations. In: Proc. of The11th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT 2011), pp. 551-556.
- Campalani, P., Nguyen, T.N.T, Mantovani, S., Bottoni, M., and Mazzini, G.,2011. Validation of PM MAPPER aerosol optical thickness retrievals at 1x1km2 of spatial resolution. In: Proc. of The 19th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM 2011), pp.1 – 5.
- Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen , Simone Mantovani, Piero Campalani, Mario Cavicchi, and Maurizio Bottoni, 2010. Aerosol Optical Thickness Retrieval from Satellite Observation using Support Vector Regression. In: Progress in Pattern Recognition, Image Analysis, Computer Vision and Applications, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2010, Vol. 6419/2010, pp. 492-499.
- T.N.T. Nguyen , S. Mantovani, and M. Bottoni, 2010. Estimation of Aerosol andAir Quality Fields with PM MAPPER – An Optical Multispectral Data ProcessingPackage. In: ISPRS Technical Commission VII Symposium,100 Years ISPRS Advancing Remote Sensing Science, Vienna, Austria, Vol. XXXVIII, Part 7A,pp. 257-262.
- Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen, Maurizio Bottoni and Simone Mantovani, 2010. PM MAPPER: An air quality monitoring system with fine spatial resolution product and integrated surface information. In: Proc. of ‘Hyperspectral 2010 Workshop’, Frascati, Italy, 17–19 March 2010 (ESA SP-683, May 2010).
- Nhat Thanh Nguyen and The Duy Bui, 2010. Automated Posture Segmentation in Continuous Finger Spelling Recognition. In: HumanCom 2010, IEEE Computer Society Press.
- Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen , Kota Hidaka, Uwe Kowalik, Irie Go, Takashi Satou and Yubuki Taniguchi, 2008. A new video editing interface based on automatic extraction of emphasis speech and laughter scenes. In: Proc. ofThe IEICE General Conference, Japan, 2008, pp. 296.
- Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen , Kota Hidaka, Uwe Kowalik, Irie Go, Takashi Satou and Yubuki Taniguchi, 2008. A new video editing interface based on automatic extraction of emphasis speech and laughter scenes. In: IEICE technical report. Image engineering 107(489), 83-86, 2008-02-12.
- Da Phuc Phan, Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen and The Duy Bui (2007). A 3D Conversational Agent for Presenting Digital Information for Deaf People. In: Agent Computing and multi-agent systems, Lecture Note in Computer Science, 2009, Vol. 5044/2009, pp. 319-328.
- The Duy Bui and Thi Nhat Thanh Nguyen (2006). Multimedia enabled 3D learning environment to enhance electronic lessons. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Research, Innovation and Vision for the Future.
Principle Investigator/ Leader
- “Monitoring ships and harbors using VNRedSat images” funded by Space Program, 2014-2016.
- “Air pollution monitoring and warning system,”funded by University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, 2014, finished.
- “Air pollution modeling using multi-source, multi-date, and multi-spatial resolution satellite imagery and ground-based measurements,” funded by Asia Research Center, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, 2014. Finished.
- “Analytical methods of satellite image processing for air pollution estimation in Vietnam,”funded by Asia Research Center, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, 2013, finished.
- “Hand gesture recognition supporting dead people”funded by University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, 2008, finished.
- “Toward an open resources upon services: Cloud Computing of Environmental Data” funded by European Commission (Eramus+), 2016-2018.
- “Fores fire information system” funded by University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, 2014, finished.
- “The Extension of the Air-Quality model for Austria with satellite based Particulate Matter estimates (AQA-PM),” funded by Austrian Space Applications Programme (ASAP-7), 2011 – 2013, finished.
- “SENSORER-SENSing, mOdeling, and distribution of EnviRonmental data,” funded by Regione Emilia-Romagna, Italy, 2010, finished.