Time Management Skill
Somebody says Time is Money. I believe Time is more valuable than Money. Using Time, we can earn Money. But we cannot use Money for buying Time. Finance Management is important, and Time Management is more important.
There are so many tasks we have to do in a day: sleep, wake up, teeth-clean, breakfast, go to work, drink coffee and tea, email, phone, project deadline, report deadline, meeting, lunch, nap, project proposal deadline, meeting, soccer, beer, email, TV, book, and go to sleep again. Similarly, so many many many tasks we have to do in a week, in a month, in a year, in a life,…But only 24 hours per day, 7 days peer weeks, 4 weeks per month, 12 months per year and 100 years per life.
And we have only 1 life to live, to enjoy. We have to manage our Time to live meaningful.
How to manage your time?
There are 4 steps in Time Management Skills
- Goal setting:
No Goal, no Success.
- Task classification:
There are 4 kind of tasks we have to do:
- Small gravel: deadlines of tasks/projects, finish assignment, pay debt, crisis problem,..
- Big rock: making plans, strategic plans, finding new business chance, work performance improvement, business network expansion, risk management, reading books,….
- Sand: non-pre-planned meetings, answering phones, email, not important conferences/workshop,…
- Water: entertainment, chatting, drinking party, web surfing,…
- Plan making:
We already have 4 kinds of task. A plan is order of task.
- Please make a plan for a year
- Please make a plan for a month
- Please make a plan for a week
- Please make a plan/agenda for a day.
We have only 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 4 weeks/month, 12 months/year, 100years/life. No deadline extension is accepted for a life.
Total time we have is fixed, like a jar. We have to put big rocks, small gravel, sand, water as many as possible into the jar. The order is: big rock –> small graven –> sand –> water.
- Acting: after you have a plan, act on it.
- Goal and Plan checking and revising: please frequently check the suitability between goal and plan and revise the goal and the plan for a better achievement.